Dr. Kelly Gentry has expertise in career development, higher education, feminist issues, gender-based violence, mental health, and healthy relationships. She has been teaching college students and presenting at professional conferences, hosting psychoeducational workshops, and serving as a panelist at events for more than 15 years. Some topics that Dr. Gentry can present on for your conference or professional development event:
- Mental health issues among women
- Gender-based violence (on College Campuses and at-large)
- Working with K-12 students on developing healthy relationships
- Effective ways to talk to our children about
- Career development issues
- Empowerment for women returning to work
- Professional communication
- Creative ways to explore your career
Past Presentations and Speaking Engagements
Topics in Mental Health and Gender-Based Issues
- Poetic Healing: Using Poetry to Validate Experiences of Intimate Partner Violence
- “Well, at least they’re not raping you”: College Women in Abusive Relationships & the Campuses that Leave Them Behind
- Assessing students for anxiety and depression in school.
- Conducting qualitative research using social media
- Intimate partner violence
- Teaching appraisal/assessment: Strategies for engaging hesitant students.
- College Women and Intimate Partner Violence: What it is and what it means.
- An intentional approach to integrating sexuality into counselor education and practice
- The New code meets old school: Ethics preparation best practices in counselor education.
Topics in Higher Education and Career Development
- Leadership and masculinity: Unpacking the influences of gender presentation and sexual identity on employment advancement.
- Getting In and beyond: Preparing first-generation college-goers for success.
- Strategic connections: Connecting 2nd degree earners with traditional undergraduates.
- I got an offer…now what?
- Job Search Strategies
- Interview Like a Pro
- Writing Convincing Cover Letters
Please use this form to contact Dr. Gentry about speaking engagements